How To Get Rid Of A Stomach Ache
Stomach aches are something that everyone gets and can be caused by nearly anything, from too much spicy food to Ulcerative Colitis. But for the average stomach ache there are many home remedies you can try to help get instant relief; for example-
- Place a heating pad or something that is hot (not hot enough to burn you) on your stomach and after 10-15 min you should start to feel the pain get less and less.
- Drink lemon water, add a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice or some fresh slices to a cup of hot water. If you struggle with the taste you can some honey or bashed mint leaves to help.
- A warm bath with epsom salts is great if your stomach ache is caused by constipation.
- Drink some peppermint, chamomile or ginger tea as the ginger tea helps with digestion while the peppermint and chamomile helps to sooth cramped muscles.
- Apple Cider Vinegar can work great as it kills bacteria and if you have a bacterial infection it may help clear it out much faster. Add 1-2 tablespoon to a glass of water and if you struggle with the taste add some honey to make it more palatable.
If your stomach ache does not start to get better within a few hours of using one of the above methods or is coupled with –
- Severe abdominal pain
- Blood in your stool
Then going to your family clinic as soon as possible would be highly recommended so you can get the treatment required.