What Are the Ages for Vaccines?
Vaccinations are a great way for you to protect their child against 16 potential harmful diseases.
The ages for vaccination are:
- Birth: babies receive the first dose of the hepatitis B vaccine before leaving the hospital
- 1 to 2 months: baby receives the second dose of the hepatitis B vaccine, DTaP vaccine, Hib vaccine, IPV (Polio), Pneumococcal (PCV) and Rotavirus vaccines.
- 4 months: babies receive the DTaP, Hib (Haemophilus influenzae type b), Polio, PCV, Rotavirus and Hepatitis B vaccines.
- 6 months: babies receive the DTaP, Hib, IPV, PCV, RV, and Influenza vaccines.
- 7-11 months: no scheduled vaccinations but it is a good time to catch up on missed vaccinations.
- 12 to 24 months: children receive Varicella, DTaP, Hib, MMR, IPV, PCV, Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B vaccines. They also receive the flu vaccination every flu season.
- 3 years: children visit the doctor for checkups
- 4-6 years: children receive the DTaP, IPV, MMR (measles, mumps and rubella), Varicella and Influenza vaccines
- 7-9 years: children only receive the flu vaccination every flu season
- 10-12 years: children receive the Meningococcal conjugate, HPV, Tdap and Flu vaccines
- 13-18 years: teenagers receive any vaccines that they have missed on earlier on
- 19-26 years: adults receive the seasonal flu vaccine, Tdap and HPV vaccines
- 27-60 years: adults need the seasonal flu vaccine, Td booster shot and zoster vaccine for those 50 years and above
- 60 years and older: they receive the seasonal flu vaccine, Tdap vaccine, Pneumococcal and Zoster vaccines
Your doctor will be best placed to recommend the vaccinations you or your child needs.
Wichita, KS Flu Shot & Vaccine Clinic For Children
Healthy kids are happy kids. All parents start thinking about the cold weather and the many types of illnesses it brings with it. Hand washing is not a great solution alone, especially after school starts.
Have Questions? Need Help? Call Us At (316) 630-8200
Need a vaccine for your child in Wichita, KS? Book an appointment over the phone or simply walk in to Rock Ridge Family Medicine clinic for complete child health care solutions.